Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sunscreen - Are They Good or Bad?



This morning they announced in the radio (CBC) that they'll talk tomorrow about the topic "Sunscreens - are they good or bad?"

One of the speakers said "bad? why are they bad? perhaps the toxins that are in them"

I read a while ago that UVB protection in sunscreen actually prevents or reduces the vitamin D production in our body. Can't remember who wrote about that, but it made a lot of sense.

And then the chemicals in it, I really don't know ... I do not like chemicals of any kind.

Much longer ago I also read that a healthy well nourished body will not as easily develop skin cancer. With well nourished it was not meant to eat a lot of meat and other proteins, it was more about getting enough vitamins and minerals from fresh fruit and vegetables, and also protein from nuts, and seeds and fish. They wrote in that article they came to that conclusion because people develop skin cancer often on areas that actually are not exposed to the sun.

Personally I just threw 2 bottles of sunscreen out that I had bought when I flew to seminars in the Bahamas or Florida. After reading the ingredients I never used them. The sun there was not that bad.

During the 5 years I lived on a sailboat in the Caribean I used mostly lotion. Perhaps I bought once in a while a low grade sunscreen, like 3 or so. At that time there were not this sunscreens with high potency.
I must admit that I have a pretty resilient skin and healthy eating habits.

Therefore get information about this issue.

Anna Christine
www.energyallaround.com
PS.: Oh, you need to know this too .. on www.AntiAgingGoji.com you'll find for a really good price two daily supplements ... Daily Edge or for AntiAging REVERSE

No comments: