Sunday, July 8, 2012

Are Brain MRIs Harmful?

A few days ago a Professor for Neuroscience talked at the radio about research with functional MRI to decode the areas of the brain that are responsible for vision.

I was surprised that people are obviously willing to be part of this research and be exposed to MRIs.

Around 10 years ago I talked with a Doctor. for Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. He said to me to opt for a Cat Scan or an MRI only when absolutely necessary.

Three years after a car accident with concussion I called him because I wanted to know whether I should get an MRI. He said: "When you would be my wife ... No."


I think we live in a strange world. People are much to gullible and often we also do not have the scientific know how and need to trust.



Anna Christine
www.energy-all-around.com  




No comments: